Thursday, May 31, 2007

Retirement

This was a difficult day. I thought I would be happy and jumping at the chance to say goodbye to Viewmont High. Instead I spent much of the day crying as I close another chapter of my life. I'm sure life will be good, but it is not easy to leave behind the students and my colleagues. I won't miss the administration. I won't miss parent conferences, grading, faculty meeting, small learning communities, kids being pulled out of class, disrespectful students (although I had very few of these), or a classroom that is often either too hot or too cold. So there are some good things. I surely will miss the kids though. I'll miss their "thank you's", their humor, their insightfulness. I'll miss having them come back to tell me about college or a mission call or a marriage. I hope some of them will find me in the phone book and keep me posted. They are great!!

That's all for today!

No comments: